Wednesday, April 24, 2013

She Walks In Beauty


© Sybille Sterk
Do not copy or publish this in any way, shape or form without my written permission.

She Walks in Beauty 
She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impaired the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
Or softly lightens o'er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express
How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.
And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent!

Lord Byron, 1814 

Picture taken earlier this year and edited a few days ago. I changed the colours and added the fog, I also edited out the people at the end of the path. I wanted a spooky ethereal image but in the end there was something so hopeful about it that I felt the poem was the perfect companion.

All images/textures/brushes my own or bought. Edited with Photoshop.

All my images are available on RedbubbleArtflakesSociety6and Bluecanvas as prints, cards, posters, skins for laptops, Blackberry, iPhones and other phones (for the skins go toBluecanvas). You can now also get most of my images on cushion covers (go to Society6 for these).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...