Thursday, January 10, 2013

New year, new project


© Sybille Sterk
Do not copy or publish this in any way, shape or form without my written permission.

This is the first in my new project. This time we have a new topic for each season, but still an image a week. The topic for this season is 'leading lines':
Definition: Leading lines are lines within an image that leads the eye to another point in the image, or occasionally, out of the image. Anything with a definite line can be a leading line. Fences, bridges, even a shoreline can lead the eye. If can pair leading lines with a subject that is placed according to the rule of thirds your image should be very strong. (Definition found here.)
This image is of the Mini Mayfair standing in my driveway. It's in dire need of some TLC and it will get it eventually. LOL At the moment it's its own little ecosystem, complete with moss and lichen.

I've had a play with the original image and added more lines, the clouds and colour adjustments.
All images/textures/brushes my own or bought. Edited with Photoshop.

Here's some info about the Mini Mayfair, it's a special edition car.

Buy the cushion here
All my images are available on Redbubble, Artflakes, Society6 and Bluecanvas as prints, cards, posters, skins for laptops, Blackberry, iPhones and other phones (for the skins go to Bluecanvas). You can now also get most of my images on cushion covers (go to Society6 for these).

1 comment:

  1. I like how you've made this look like a neon sign, as well as the colours (my favourites as you know!) Now get that poor car back on the road!

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...