Thursday, March 22, 2012

Recycling and Upcycling and a new bracelet....

Just came across this fabulous blog and shop:

Recycled Market Blog - with lots of recycling ideas and stories.
Recycled Market Shop - with lots of stuff that has been made from recycled or upcycled materials.

I am a great believer in re-using materials and found great inspiration just looking through the shop.

Incidentally I found some time yesterday to make a new bracelet that fits right into the theme....

Not all the materials are recycled, but the beads, the typewriter key and the chains are. I've also used opals and two bird charms. Most of the materials came from Etsy and the beads from an old necklace I picked up at an antiques fair some time ago and took apart.

I'll be making more of these bracelets with the typewriter keys and semiprecious beads soon. There might be a few necklaces as well.... I haven't made much jewellery recently but caught the bug again. I just wish there were more hours in the day!

3 comments:

  1. Where did you get typewriter keys from? I am very tempted....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! The typewriter keys are a great idea. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, LOVE the typewriter keys!!! How fun! xo

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...