Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Bluebell Wood

 MCN: C2D2L-LS4TH-4A7P5

This is my version of the Bluebell Wood I visited last Spring. I liked the pictures I took, but they looked a bit washed out to me and never felt right. I finally had an epiphany when I discovered tilt-shift. It's a technique that allows you to either make something look like a model railway town or created a slightly otherworldly feel. I used this technique for the latter here.

I first cropped the image, then applied the tilt-shift (lots of tutorials out there) then applied gradients, colour and textures to go from the image below to the one above. Now it feels like the day I went out Bluebell-Spotting. :-)

Part of my new series of images for licensing on Arcangel-Images, use this code: SYST-00120

Created with my own photographs in Photoshop, no stock used.

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand any of that but I would love to take a walk here, Sybille!! Love looking at what you do so well!!! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me hanker after Spring - not long to go now, surely? Beautiful image, wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...