Saturday, January 07, 2012

You're Doing it to Yourself!


MCN: C991U-BW34N-K1M6M

Sorry if this is a bit disturbing, but I felt it was an important topic and had to be shown in all its 'goriness' (is that a word?) Especially nowadays there are so many people self-harming, many of them young women, and it often is the only way to express those feelings that cannot find another way to be expressed. 

PS. I didn't actually spill any blood for this image - it was a scratch from my cat's claws (he's VERY clumsy) and a texture I'd created.


Check out this link for more information or how to get help with self-harming.

Part of my new series of images for licensing on Arcangel-Images use this code: SYST-0077

Created with my own photographs in Photoshop, no stock used.

2 comments:

  1. Self hurting in any way is so sad...and your images are always provacative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh, this image makes me shiver - but that means you've done your job and got the message across! Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...