Friday, May 20, 2011

Flower Diptychs - Roses

This is my favourite Blue Moon rose. It doesn't only look fabulous it is also scented and grows like mad. It covers a whole fence panel in my garden and looks fantastic.


All my own images, except for:

MCN:CPQWJ-GYRP5-UM2CH

This rose is actually called "Happy Birthday". It's a lovely simple rose (not many petals), with lots of colour - from the palest apricot to the deepest pink on the edge of the petals.

All my own images, except for:
 
CEM4K-1BU8R-778A6

 This is the same rose as in Happy Birthday I however, I tried to show the wonderful swirls the petals and the deeper colour at the edges of the petals make in a couple of close-up shots. A sort of 'abstract idea' of a rose, rather than a rose image.
The two images together make the perfect set (available from Redbubble and now also on Artflakes.com)
 All images my own, except for:
C42QT-WAWGB-B9S7V

Another of my rose images, this one so delicate and fragile in the palest of pink. :-)

 All images my own, except for:
Freebie Actions (Retro Fiesta) by Apples & Sisters
6 Faves Texture Sets 2 by Shadowhouse
Canvas & Paper Texture Set by Shadowhous

CEM9H-WC97Y-G6AFM



This is a wild rose growing in my garden. It planted itself there and it's so beautiful that I don't have the heart to rip it out. This diptych shows the heart of one of the blossoms in full bloom and the other of one that is fading - the petals have fallen off and all that's left is its heart...

All my own images, except for:




 
 CD32C-2UBJJ-WCX9H


This is another set of images from the wild rose in my garden. I love the simplicity of wild roses, they are so very beautiful in their own right. :-)

All my own images, except for:




CC83L-TVJBP-WNTXF


Yellow and Pink Roses in my garden. These are both tea roses with the most beautiful scent.

All images my own plus:
Retro Actions (Amora) by Apples & Sisters

MCN:C7WWD-HJD2T-VEHTM

All images are available as prints and cards from Redbubble and now also on Artflakes.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...