Monday, December 07, 2009

Renaissance - Final Painting in the L'Oiseau series



This definitely is the final in my L'Oiseau series. LOL I know I've said this before, but this definitely is it.

It refers to the following lines:

'Between the conception    
And the creation    
Between the emotion
And the response    
Falls the Shadow.'

of T.S. Eliot's poem 'The Hollow Men' and was inspired by it.

There are four more images in the series:

The first in the series is Panier-Avec-L'Oiseau
 
The second in the series is Tête-à-Tête
 
The third in the series is Métamorphose


The fourth in the series is Fin 
 

A brief explanation might be in order:
- the nest is inspired by an egret's nest.
- the flowers are brambles/blackberries,
- at the back you can faintly see a spiral and pearl pattern I created for my Goth Scrap(k)it.
- the sky/clouds is a photograph which I've used as a texture
- the leaves framing all the pictures are photographs that I've edited and arranged to frame the image.

The series is about recognising yourself for who you are and growing because of it, change and rebirth as the new person.

2 comments:

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...