Sunday, July 05, 2009

Origami Dress

Maybe a bit mad but it needed to be done. :-)

Origami Dress


I am so in love with this dress, and I even thought about if it could be done, but the fact is, I might be okay with a crochet hook, knitting needle and a paint brush... but sewing needles are just not me. Anyway, this is a dress for the red carpet at the Oscars not for every day or even a special day...

Each layer of fabric has been designed around an origami fold (looseley), like the Kanzashi flower which is often used in Japanese accessories.

Each and every pattern was made by me and layered over the 'fabric' to create the damasque effect.


The shoes are based on a popular Japanese design and look a bit like the Geta sandals.

6 comments:

  1. Amazing...wouldn't it be fantastic to see it actually made up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow amazing colours and patterns Sybille - would be fab made up into a real dress :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WOW WOW Sybille, that is truely amazing!

    Helz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful patterns on the fabric!
    Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ARGHHH!!! SPOOKY!!!!

    (crazy bit is...on my dress....I was toying with making the lilac bits more turquoisy!!)

    Tis truly a marvel my Capitaine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your attention to detail is amazing, Sybille!! As is this dress AND shoes! Sooooo lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...