Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Poinsettia Heirloom Shawl - Chenille with Needle Felted Flowers

Finally it's finished and photographed:

The Heirloom Poinsettia Shawl

This is something really special for a very special occasion. In fact it is so special and unique that it should be wrapped up safely in a drawer to be lovingly taken out and stroked now and again until that one day when this shawl will make a special day even better - from an anniversary to a ball to a wedding... as long as it's a special day :-)




The main part of the shawl has been made from thick velvety viscose chenille that will keep you warm even in a cold church on Christmas eve.



The butterfly and the fifteen flowers have been painstakingly needle felted from 100% merino wool. I have then used special beading thread in a matching green, Indian green luster beads and Japanase seed beads to attach them to the shrug.



The edging and fringe have been crocheted. The pattern you can see below is my own design. I was going to use an Edwardian edging design but it went the wrong way round so I had to make my own pattern. I am really pleased with how it turned out.

The shawl is roughly 1.93m (or 76") long and 0.38m (15") wide.

It will be available in my Etsy shop shortly.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, that's lovely, like a meadow! I think you were right to put pink flowers on and the butterflies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...