Monday, April 07, 2008

Stormy Sea

This is a lariat style necklace I made for Caroline. Check out her blog here.

It is special, for one, it's been made just for her, secondly because it's so pretty, thirdly, because I used loads of different techniques and different beads, bits of chain and things, and, lastly, because it's a swap. A little dragon made by Caroline's fair hands for my son in exchange for the lariat.

If you ever feel you'd like to swap rather than buy, make me an offer I can't refuse! It has to be handmade though, or something to make something with.... Surprise me!

Here it is in all its glory:

The whole lariat - it will fit twice around your neck or can be worn long like a flapper necklace or it can be hooked together any way you like using the links.



Here's a selection of the beads and different types of chain I've used.



A wrapped bit of smooth sea glass as one of the centre pieces:




The dangle that can be pushed through the puddle shaped wire form (see below) if the necklace is worn as a long lariat with 2 pieces of sea glass (one polished, one not polished) lots of beads, pearls, Magatama and Miyuki drops, and a vintage seahorse charm.


The free form puddle shaped other end of the lariat.


Hope you'll enjoy it Caroline.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it's absolutely beautiful - thank you! I'm so excited - can't wait to explore all it's beads & charms (and to look at your technique!!)

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...