Monday, April 07, 2008

Shakespeare Collection

Been having fun with my wire and thought it'd be nice to have a new collection. I decided on a Shakespeare theme because he's one of my favourite authors, and here are the first two of my creations, both bracelets. I've started off each of the bracelets with a bar made of wire with feature beads (some are vintage) in a row, decorating the bar at either end with little swirls. Then, I've created a chain from lots of different handmade links, added charm(s) and a clasp made by me to finish them off.


Desdemona


I chose deep dark reds (for the jealousy and the blood of her murder) and sky blue (for her innocence) for the beads. The chain is made from bronze wire and connected with gingerbread brass jumprings. About half the beads are vintage, so is the Japanese little heart charm. The bracelet has been antiqued to give it a more aged look. You can read an overview of the story here.




Kiss Me Kate


For this bracelet I've chosen fiery colours for Kate's fiery temperament. I've complemented the fiery colours with oxidised copper and three little heart charms. I couldn't resist adding a little skull, a bit like on a bottle of poison... Read the story here.


Both bracelets should be available in my Etsy shop soon....

1 comment:

  1. I love the way these reflect their stories - my favourite is the Kiss me Kate.

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...