Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Now for a bit of Art: Snow White's Dress

Been painting again. Sometimes I just have to. :-)

Wish I had the patience to sew those dresses I design, but I just don't. If anyone out there feels like making the dress, drop me a note.

Here it is - The definitive Snow White dress. A bit tongue-in-cheek, but I like playing with cliches. This one comes complete with coffin necklace, poison apple in a bag, and a detachable poisoned comb. Oh, and don't forget the target for the heart, a little helping hand for the hunter...

Read a cool version of Snow White by Neil Gaiman recently. Very different from the Grimm's original... Definitely worth a read. If you're interested, check out his website, and this is the book with the Snow White story in it. He has a way of playing with cliches and fairy tales I really like.

1 comment:

  1. So pretty - love the pink side with the feathers. My sewing abilities don't stretch that far I'm afraid! I have that book but am dipping in and out so haven't read that story yet - must check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...