Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Trips Number 3: Granchester Meadows

Just after Christmas and before the new year we had a little outing to Granchester Meadows which is round the corner from where I live (well, almost). It's very pretty there (even Pink Floyd thought so as they wrote a song about it). It's especially lovely in the Summer when you can sit either by the river or in the Orchard - a lovely place to drink tea and eat homemade scones with clotted cream and strawberries.

However, it was too cold to sit outside, although we did go for a walk and, of course, I had my camera with me. Here are a few of the snap shots I took:


This is a few up the river towards Cambridge, so is the one below. The light was really beautiful and golden.

I am fascinated by trees and I love willows. They're probably my favourite trees (next to birches).

The reflection of this willow in the water is particularly clear.

Then I went on to grasses and reeds.


The drops on the grass were so large and pronounced. Not like diamonds at all, they are far too round and organic! Here you can see how muddy it was. Muddy with a capital 'M'.

The sun set really early and it began to get dark at 3 in the afternoon. This is a view over the trees towards the sunset.

Here, a similar view of the river as the ones at the beginning but with light fading fast.

I couldn't resist playing with the next lot and applied several filters including a Sumi-E filter. I think it works really well.


The last two are of reflections in the water. The bottom one looks almost like some secret writing - hieroglyphs maybe...


1 comment:

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...