Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Latest commissions

I've had some more commissions recently. They are for designs from my website that had been sold already.

I don't make the same piece twice, but I create new designs based on a particular design. It's very important to me that each design is unique. There is so much mass produced stuff around and it just has no soul. It's okay for every day things, but with jewellery I feel it's important that it is an extension of yourself. Quite often it's not possible to create the same design again because I either use things like seaglass in my designs where each piece is unique anyway, and also because I only buy small quantities of beads, so often don't have more than just a few of the same bead (especially feature beads, rather than seed beads) to make the same design again.

White Charm Ring

The original ring design can be see on my website.

This is lovely charm ring. I've hung up little glass flower beads (three different types) from one loop, then added a tiny dragonfly charm and wrapped a double ivy leaf around the loop for texture. This looks lovely on. I am very pleased with it.


Lizard Mobile Phone Charm

This little charm is based on another charm with a lizard on my website.

I like the natural feel of it with the lizard charm at the end and the leaves and star flower.

Here's a close-up of the charms:


Rainbow Daisy Chain Necklace

I love the idea of daisy chains. I remember making them when I was a kid. Using all the colours of the rainbow in this necklace makes it even more fun though, than if I'd used just white flowers. AND it goes with everything. All of the flowers are glass and I used good quality seed beads, frosted glass leaves and little lustred Miyuki drops in pale green to make the chain. Everything is threaded on pale green tiger tail and the findings (clasp, jump rings, cord ends) are all silver plated.

Here's a view of the necklace hanging down, so you get an idea how it would look like when worn.


Please feel free to contact me for commissions. Either through my website or my Etsy Shop.

Note: I am just in the process of uploading new designs to my Etsy shop. However, I will showcase all the items here.

2 comments:

  1. I really love the daisy chain, great colours!
    Tried to have a look on your etsy shop but couldnt get through.
    P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and Spring-like! I absolutely adore the Mermaid's Secret lariat on the your Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...