Monday, January 21, 2008

Trips, Number 1: Southwold - Summer

This is a new mini series - all about the trips I went on last year. The first one to be recounted here was to Southwold at the end of August.

I had my trusty camera with me and, of course, took a lot of pictures whilst collecting sea glass.
Here are (what I think) my best pictures.

The first one is of the lighthouse. I am pleased with the picture because it shows how high the thing really is!

Somebody had some fun taming a figurehead and wrestling it to a wall:

Couldn't resist sneaking this picture in. A lifesaver ring is just all about the sea/seaside, nothing says it better! :-)


The sea was quite wild at times that day as it was windy. I spent ages getting this picture whilst sandcastles were built and being torn down again:


And I spent even longer getting this one just how I wanted it.


This is quite tame compared to the other two, but I liked it because it looked like some giant creature's tail (a dragon?) dipping it's tail in the sea.

And here's one of a series of pictures I took of the sea and the boat. I messed around with it in Photoshop to give it this painterly feel.


The next instalment will be Autumn pictures of Wandlebury.....

2 comments:

  1. Hi, We would like to include your blog post and pics on our www.WaveneyValleyBlog.com would this be ok?Your post is very relevant to our region, and we would put a credit and link back to your blog. Kind regards Nigel Bedingfield

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Southwold, but would like to now, it's on my 'to do/go' list. Thanks.
    P.

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...