Sunday, January 20, 2008

More Designs for 2008

Been busy this weekend... had to play with all the new goodies that had arrived in the post. Just couldn't help it. :-)

I received some gorgeous forged copper and sterling silver findings on Friday from one of the many Etsy shops: E2SSupplies.etsy.com. I love the rosy glow of the copper as shown in the set below.

Sea Fire Set

I've used the rosy copper findings (headpins, forged rings and ear wires) with chalcedony. The colour of the chalcedony in the earrings is almost identical in natural light, however the flash has played havoc with the colour. Chalcedony is a natural stone, hence the (very) slight difference in colour for the earring drops. For the necklace I've chosen chalcedony in three different shades. I love chalcedony, especially the sea green shades next to the rosy copper. Not sure if this necklace will be for sale yet as I really, really like it. See if you can convince me to sell it to you.... ;-)

Cold Fire

More Chalcedony, this time teamed up with beautiful handmade sterling silver ear wires. All findings are also sterling silver. Again, the flash seems to have an odd effect on the chalcedony. I love the simplicity of these earrings.


Winter Green Earrings
These earrings are MINE. :-) I've used oxidised and polished sterling silver ear wires, vintage black enamelled chain with very unusual green garnet faceted squares. One set of garnet has black inclusions, the other is pale as ice. I love the contrast between the oxidised/polished silver, the black chain and the two types of green garnet. Very Art Deco I thought.


Unfinished Business
Below are a few pieces that haven't been finished - stations and pendants. I thought some of you might like to see this 'work-in-progress'.

This is a peacock coloured vintage cabochon set in gingerbread coloured vintage filigree. I have made four of these (I only managed to get hold of four of the cabochons). Not quite sure what I'll make with these. Possibly a bracelet or maybe a necklace and earring set. We'll see. Watch this space.


This pendant was made with a vintage bezel setting and sparkly blue vintage (glass) faceted cabochons. I think this would be lovely as a pendant, but since it is quite small it needs something extra. I might team it up with a butterfly or a dragonfly to make it into something more interesting.

The next one is a simple copper-wrapped rock quartz pendant. The rock quartz is quite a big nugget and I love the icy quality of it combined with the warm copper wire. We'll see what I am going to do with it.


I particularly like the next pendant. It's made again with a rock quartz nugget, but this time wrapped with brass wire (with a nice patina), a filigree bead (at the top), a vintage spiral dangle at the bottom through which I've threaded a bit of chain with Magatama drops in AB crystal, AB grey, and frosted grey. The whole pendant looks like dripping ice. I think it will look great on a simple, fairly short chain with the pendant dripping down the front.


2 comments:

  1. The pendant with the spiral is very special - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the top pic, the pale greens with the copper look lovely.
    P.x

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...