Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Commission

Sorry for not posting for a while. Things haven't been easy towards the end of the last year but now, with a new year just begun, things are looking up.

Here are some commissions I made last year. A lady at work gave me a whole load of beads and told me to get on with it... ;-) The beads were silver foiled copper coloured squares and octagonal wonderful hematite beads. The rest of the beads was supplied and matched by yours truly.

The first one is the simple necklace I made with the very large copper coloured squares. I felt that they were so big and bold the necklace had to be simple to work:


Here's a close-up of the copper clasp and the beads:

There were three long strings of hematite beads and I added a few more smaller beads (black Miyuki cubes and black faceted beads) to make them into a flapper necklace, a 3-tiered necklace and a very simple bracelet. The hematite beads were absolutely perfect and of a lovely quality. I had to go out (well, go on eBay) to buy myself some, but I haven't made anything with them yet.

The flapper (as shown below) took five attempts to get right. This is the first attempt, which I remade four (!) times. Hematite beads are very heavy and despite the fact that I used Tigertail it was very difficult. In the end I used a small clasp.

Here's a close-up of the feature bead I used in the first attempt and the wonderful hematite beads:

Here's the 3-tiered necklace which is absolutely wonderful when worn. The picture here does do it no justice at all. The beads sparkle and shimmer and are of such a deep dark charcoal grey. Sorry, I really DO like them. :-)

And here's a close-up of the necklace and clasp:

Finally, the bracelet - same beads, same clasp as the 3-tier necklace:

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to find you blogging again, and really good to see your creations.
    I like those copper coloured beads, and i also like the toggle clasp at the bottom, more unusual to have a rectangular one instead of circular.
    P.x

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...