Thursday, August 02, 2007

Moth Love

Took this pictures a couple of nights ago. Thought they were fascinating:


It took me quite some time to take the pictures and the moths were staying perfectly still the whole time, despite the flash.I am not quite sure which one is the female and which one the male, but I thought it was so lovely how they 'become one' during the mating. You can hardly tell where one begins and the other ends. Also check out the detail on the feelers, they almost look like feathers or one of those combs with teeth on either side.

I'd love to know what kind of moth this is, I know more about butterflies.... and especially dragonflies, but they're so quick and I don't have the patience, so I look at other peoples pictures of them! I prefer mating moths for photos, at least they stay still! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you blogging again, it's been a while!
    Great photo's.
    Penny.

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Cambridge 105 FM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...